Checklist of Important Points about Your Home Banking & Bill Pay Account
- If the bill and/or transfer fails, member will be notified via email on virtual branch.
- Member is responsible for the security of their PIN#.
- Payment must be scheduled 5 business days prior to the payment due date (regardless of any grace period).
- Member is responsible for supplying accurate merchant information: account number, current payment address, etc.
- Member should check periodically to make sure the address of the merchant has not changed.
- If you desire to stop any payment that has already been processed, you must contact Customer Service. Although the Service will make every effort to accommodate your request, the Service will have no liability for failing to do so. The Service may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each stop payment request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
- Maximum reimbursement for finance charges and late fees is $50.00 IF EDS caused the error.
- There is a dollar limit of $10,000.00 per day.
Home Banking and Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions/Electronic Funds Transfers Disclosure
The following terms and conditions govern the manner in which NWS FCU (us, we, our) will provide Virtual Branch Home Banking and Bill Payment Services (Services) to our member(s) (you).
Errors and Questions
Our Customer Service is available at 757-887-2452 or 1-800-4-NWSFCU during the customer service hours.
You may send us an email at any time from our web site at www.nwsfcu.org.
Mail may also be addressed to:
NWS Federal Credit Union
PO Box 200
Yorktown, VA 23691-0200
You authorize us to utilize Electronic Data Systems (EDS) to provide the Services to you on our behalf.
We reserve the right to refuse to make any payment and/or transfer.
Funds will arrive at your targeted Merchant and/or Account as close as reasonably possible to the date designated by you in your payment and/or transfer instruction (Payment Date). Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you authorize us, and any third party acting on our behalf, to choose the most effective method to process your payment and/or transfer, including, without limitation, electronic, paper or some other draft means. For each properly instructed payment to an eligible Merchant and/or transfer to a targeted Account you will receive a transaction confirmation number (Confirmation Number).
The Payment Date indicated by you must always be a Business Day (as defined below). If it is not, the Payment Date will be deemed to be the first Business Day after the date indicated.
UNLESS YOU RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION NUMBER, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO MAKE A PAYMENT AND/OR TRANSFER, INCLUDING ANY FINANCE CHARGES OR LATE FEES INCURRED AS A RESULT. IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT THAT THE PAYMENT DATE BE ON OR BEFORE THE MERCHANT DUE DATE, NOT THE LATE DATE, AND, SINCE THE TIME FOR US TO PROCESS YOUR PAYMENT VARIES ACCORDING TO THE PARTICULAR MERCHANT, YOU MUST BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE PAYMENT PROCESSING TIME FOR EACH MERCHANT YOU DESIRE TO PAY, AND ALLOW THE APPROPRIATE NUMBER OF BUSINESS DAYS BETWEEN THE DAY YOU INPUT YOUR PAYMENT INSTRUCTION AND THE PAYMENT DATE. SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATION DISCUSSED BELOW, IF YOU FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT FOR PAYMENTS, AND YOU ARE ASSESSED A PENALTY OR LATE CHARGE, WE WILL REIMBURSE YOU FOR THAT LATE CHARGE UP TO A MAXIMUM OF FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00). IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT ADHERE TO THE OBLIGATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR YOU SCHEDULE A PAYMENT LESS THAN THE NUMBER OF BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE DUE DATE REQUIRED FOR A PARTICULAR MERCHANT, YOU WILL BEAR FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL PENALTIES AND LATE FEES AND WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH CHARGES OR FEES. THE SERVICE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR THE LATE POSTING OR MISAPPLICATION OF PAYMENT ONCE FUNDS ARE RECEIVED BY MERCHANTS. THIS ABSENCE OF LIABILITY, HOWEVER, DOES NOT PRECLUDE SERVICE FROM WORKING TO RESOLVE THESE TYPES OF ISSUES WHEN THEY ARISE. IF REQUIRED WE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING PROVISIONAL CREDIT IF PAYMENT DISPUTES THIS ACTION.
Under no circumstances will we be liable if we are unable to complete any payments and/or transfers initiated in a timely manner via the Services because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- You do not obtain Confirmation at the time, which you initiate a payment and/or transfer.
- The designated Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the payment and/or transfer.
- You have closed the designated Account.
- We have identified you as a credit risk and have chosen to (i) make all payments and/or transfers initiated by you via the Services utilizing a paper, as opposed to electronic, method, or (ii) to terminate your subscription to the Services.
- The Services, Your equipment, the software, or any communications link is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction.
- You have not provided us with the correct information for those Merchants to whom you wish to direct payment or Accounts to which you wish to make a transfer.
- The Merchant mishandles or delays handling payments sent by us.
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside source) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid these circumstances.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OTHER LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, WHETHER CAUSED BY YOUR EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE SERVICES, OR ANY TECHNICAL OR EDITORIAL ERRORS CONTAINED IN OR OMISSIONS FROM ANY USER GUIDE/BROCHURE RELATED TO THE SERVICES. WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE OR MAINTENANCE OF YOUR EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES, EXCEPT WHERE THE LAW REQUIRES A DIFFERENT STANDARD.
All payments and/or transfers made via the Services will be listed on your monthly Account statements (Statement) that you receive from us.
We may, from time to time, introduce new services or enhance the existing Services. We shall notify you of the existence of these new or enhanced services. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the obligations concerning these services, which will be sent to you.
Care of Your Security Code and Security
You agree that you will not give your Services security code (Security Code) or make it available to any other person. If you believe that your Security Code has been lost or stolen, or that someone has made payments and/or transfers using your Security Code without your permission, notify us IMMEDIATELY by phone any time during Customer Service hours or send an electronic message through the Service.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfer
If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains transfers that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may extend the period.
Errors and Questions
Contact NWS FCU as soon as possible at either the address or telephone number described above if you think that a payment and/or transfer listed on your statement is in error or if you need more information about a payment and/or transfer listed on the Statement. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after you received the first Statement on which the problem or error appeared.
When you call or write us, you must:
- Tell your name and User ID.
- Describe the payment and/or transfer. You are unsure about (Merchant name, Account information, Transaction Date, Transaction Amount) and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or need more information. If possible, please provide us with the Confirmation Number for such transaction.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us verbally, we may require that you send your complaint in writing within ten (10) Business Days after your verbal notification. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) Business Days after we hear from you, and will correct any error promptly. However, if we require more time to confirm the nature of your complaint or question, we reserve the right to take up to forty-five (45) days to complete our investigation. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your Payment Account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to submit your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not provisionally credit your Payment Account. If it is determined there was no error we will mail you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after completion of our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used in our investigation. The Service may revoke any provisional credit provided to you if we find an error did not occur.
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties
We will only disclose information to third parties about Your Accounts:
- When it is necessary for completing payments and/or transfers;
- In order to comply with a government agency or court order; or
- If you give us your permission.
Service Fees and Additional Charges
Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Service was used during the billing cycle. There may be a charge for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize the Service to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Billing Account for these amounts and any additional charges that may be incurred by you. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and/or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or Internet service provider.
In the event we are unable to process a services transaction, (if, for example, there are insufficient funds in your designated Accounts) the transaction will result in a "Failed Payment and/or Transfer". If we are unable to process a Services transaction, we will charge the total cost of the transaction, including any service charges, to you. In the event of repetitive Failed Payment and/or Transfer, We reserve the right to suspend your subscription to the Services. This suspension may be without prior notice to you. If your subscription is suspended, transactions, which were previously initiated, may still continue to be processed unless canceled and confirmation of such cancellation is provided as specified below. Suspension will be handled by Customer Service and all inquiries and correspondence relating there to including requests for reinstatement should be directed to Customer Service. In the event your subscription is suspended, we will notify you by mail to your listed address. With respect to any Failed Payment and/or Transfer, You agree to reimburse Us within fourteen (14) days after notice is sent to you, for any funds we have already paid to one or more of your designated Merchants which We were unable to recover by debit to the Merchant or charge to you.
If you do not pay any amount owed to us when due, you agree to pay interest on the unpaid balance at the rate of 18% per annum, or 1.5% per month (or the maximum rate allowed by applicable law, if less). In the event that Your claim or debt has to be referred to a third party for collection, You agree, to the extent permitted by law, to pay all costs and fees incurred in collecting the outstanding balances, including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs.
You agree to pay NWSFCU the fees to be published by us from time to time.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- In addition to the foregoing, you agree to be bound by and comply with the requirements of the Services User Guide and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. We agree to be bound by them too.
- We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Services, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice.
- You may cancel your subscription to the Services, upon thirty (30) days prior notice to Customer Service. You will be responsible for all payments and/or transfers, which you have requested prior to termination and for all other charges, fees, and taxes incurred.
BE SURE TO CANCEL ALL OUTSTANDING PAYMENT AND/OR TRANSFER ORDERS WITHIN THE 30 DAYS NOTIFICATION PERIOD. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENTS AND/OR TRANSFERS NOT CANCELLED OR MADE DUE TO YOUR ACTIONS RELATED TO SERVICE TERMINATION.
- These Terms and Conditions, the Services User Guide and applicable Services fees and charges may only be altered or amended by NWS FCU. In such event, we shall send notice to you at your listed address or transmit notice of the alteration or amendment over the Services. Your use of the Services following receipt of such notice constitutes acceptance of such alterations or amendments.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the Services, you and we agree to resolve this dispute by looking to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall supersede any and all other representations made by you or our employees.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.